domingo, 18 de marzo de 2012

Isner shocks Djokovic and faces Federer in final

Isner shocks Djokovic and faces Federer in final

CNN) -- American John Isner has claimed the biggest victory of his career with a battling three-set win over world number one Novak Djokovic in the semifinals of the Indian Wells tournament.

World number 11 Isner fired 20 aces, including one on match point, to progress 7-6 (9-7) 3-6 7-6 (7-5) after two hours and 45 minutes and seal a place in the final against Roger Federer.

Third seed Federer defeated rival and world number two Rafael Nadal 6-3 6-4, also sealing the match with an ace.

Isner, who is now guaranteed a place in the world's top 10, was understandably delighted after beating a world No.1 for the first time in his career.

He told the official ATP Tour website: "That's why I play this game, to be able to enjoy moments like that.

"The stadium was packed and there wasn't a spare seat in the house. It was very special when that last ball went by him and I knew I had won the match. "

5 comentarios:

  1. John Isner is an American professional tennis player. He achieved his best ATP ranking in the March 19, 2012, when he appeared as number 10 in the world. Noted for his powerful serve and enormous height, is known mainly for being the winner of the longest match in Wimbledon history 2010.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. The tennis player will be important for his country at the Olympics in London in 2012 and will have to demonstrate in these Olympic games is quality player as demonstrated in recent months.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hello, Luz!

    Honestly, I have no idea of ​​the hitters, mmmm!!!​​, numbers do not know anything!

    But, well you like, teach me to interpret the numbers.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hello, Luz Elena, i think It should be somewhat exciting been present in these play, and to be sharing the emotions of the player and the I publish.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I am agree with you, It should be somehow interesting even if you are not too into this sport.

      Eliminar